Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” (AIA)
- Is considered one of Europe’s best in its category (www.aia.gr)
- Is connected with direct short flights from over 63 European & more than 5 USA/Canada cities with 34 scheduled and 16 low-cost airlines
Has received the following awards:
- ATRS Award of Excellence 2017
- Gold Award for “Branded Entertainment & Content” in the category Use or Integration of Printed Content 2017
- Silver Award for “Direct” in the category Direct Marketing / Business to Business 2017
- ATRS Award of Excellence 2018
- Skytrax World Airport Awards: Best Airport in Southern Europe 2018
- ACI World-ASQ Award: Best Airport in Europe for Customer Experience 2018
- ACI World-ASQ Award: Best Airport (15-25 million pax) in Europe for Customer Experience 2019
Getting to/from the Athens International Airport and the city center
Metro & Suburban Railway (Proastiakos):
Metro Line 3 (Aghia Marina – Douk. Plakentias – Athens International Airport), connects the Athens airport with the city center. Trains run every 30 minutes, 7 days a week from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. The trip from/to the Airport to Syntagma station (Athens center) lasts 40 minutes.
The Suburban Railway (Proastiakos) connects the Athens airport with the Athens Central Railway Station (
Tip: The Suburban railway departs every 15-25 minutes from the Athens Airport railway station to Plakentias station, where you can change trains and continue to the city center (Metro Line 3 to Egaleo), using the same ticket.
One-way ticket: € 8.00
Return ticket: € 14.00
24-hour express buses:
EXPRESS Bus routes connect directly Athens (city center & greater area, X95) and Piraeus (port, X96) with the Athens International Airport (AIA) “Eleftherios Venizelos”. Service is provided on a non-stop basis seven days a week including holidays (24/7 operation). All buses disembark passengers at the Departures Level (inbound trips to the airport) and depart from the Arrivals Level (outbound trips from the airport). Bus tickets are sold at the info/ticket-kiosk (located outside the Arrivals between Exits 4 and 5), or onboard (ask operator) at no extra cost.
Taxis are available at the designated Taxi waiting area located at Exit 3 of the Arrivals Level. A taxi from the airport to the city center (inner ring) costs a flat rate of €35 from 5:00 a.m. to midnight, and €50 from midnight to 5:00 a.m.
Note: The charge is determined by the time of arrival at the destination and includes all applicable surcharges and extras.
Call For Papers!
Click on the button to view the joint ISWC "Call for papers