The industry track seeks to present the state of adoption of semantic technologies in industrial settings. Semantics is used in applications in many industries, including media, financials, telecommunications, healthcare, life sciences, government, intelligence, smart cities,and cultural heritage. It enables applications capabilities as varied as business intelligence, analytics, search, content management, knowledge management, recommendation systems, information extraction and data integration.
We encourage results and ideas from companies large and small. We welcome contributions about success stories as well as experience reports and discussions of obstacles that stand in the way of large-scale adoption of semantic technologies.
Across all submissions, emphasis should be put on demonstrating the business value and impact created by using semantic technologies to address real life problems.
Come and join us at the ISWC 2020 industry track to share your experiences with the largest community of researchers and practitioners in the Semantic Web domain!
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applications of semantic technologies in specific industrial domains (automotive, financial, healthcare and life sciences, energy industry, etc.)
- Development and application of knowledge graphs for specific industries
- Successful application domains: knowledge management, data integration, search, Business Intelligence, data analytics, Semantics-based explainable AI, etc.
- Industrial and business trends related to the usage of Linked Data, Open Data and Semantic Web technologies
- Comparison of semantic technologies with alternative or conventional approaches for industry and business analytics in real world scenarios
- Financial and strategic investments in semantic technologies
Successful submissions to this track will emphasize:
- Real-world deployment experiences and strategic decision-making related to semantic technologies
- Success stories of business-relevant, industrial deployments of Semantic Web technologies
- Discussion of scalability of the presented technologies
- Quantitative measurements of the business value created by using semantic technologies
- A clear description of the impact in the respective industry and motivation for the need of semantic web technologies
- Best practises and concrete lessons learned from these experiences, measuring in a meaningful way the role of semantics and how it differs from a solution that would otherwise be a state of the art IT solution with no semantic technologies
- Areas where further research (or research in novel directions) is required, positioning and outlining potential strategic applications and use cases of semantic technologies
We invite submissions in the form of 2 pages (A4/Letter) abstracts in PDF, formatted in the style of the Springer Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). For details on the LNCS style, see Springer’s Author Instructions.
Each abstract should describe the content of the proposed talk, which should be of a technical or strategic nature (purely marketing/promotional material will not be accepted).
Submissions should be made via EasyChair and will be reviewed by a committee of practitioners from industry and academia. Accepted submissions will be offered a presentation slot at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper is expected to attend the conference and present the material in person. Presentations are expected to last 20 minutes, including questions. Accepted papers will be distributed to conference attendees and published with CEUR-WS.org.
The submissions will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Quantitative and/or qualitative value proposition provided
- Discussion of innovative aspects, experiences, impact, lessons learned and business value in the application domain.
- Degree to which semantic technologies are critical to the offering
The industry track at the conference will include:
- success stories as full presentations
- opportunities for networking
|Submission due:||June 26, 2020 August 10, 2020|
|Notifications:||July 31, 2020 September 11, 2020|
|Camera-ready papers due:||August 21, 2020 September 21, 2020|
All deadlines are 23:59 AoE time (Anyware on Earth).
Industry Track Chairs
Thales Canada, Montreal, Canada
Yidu Cloud Co. Ltd, Beijing, China
Call For Papers!
Click on the button to view the joint ISWC "Call for papers
Professional Congress Organizer
29 Κ.Varnali str, 15233 Chalandri, Athens, Greece
T: +30 210 6833600, F: +30 210 6847700