metaphacts is a Germany-based company empowering customers to unlock the value of their data assets and reach smarter business decisions using Knowledge Graphs. metaphacts provides the expertise, products and services to build thematically specialized knowledge graph applications in areas such as business, finance, engineering and manufacturing, life sciences, cultural heritage, and more.
Built entirely on open standards and technologies, the metaphactory platform follows FAIR data principles and supports knowledge graph management, rapid application development and end-user oriented interaction. As a main benefit, our platform enables knowledge workers to create and gain meaningful insight into their data with one comprehensive software solution.
Customer needs and customer satisfaction are central to our company and our development team. As a member of our team, you have the opportunity to act at the interface between research, innovation, product development, and our end users. You help us bring the latest research results to our customers through our product metaphactory.
Your Role at metaphacts
As a Knowledge Graph Engineer at metaphacts, you will have the opportunity to choose between becoming a member of our product development team or our professional services team.
As a member of our product development team you will work as a frontend or backend software engineer and will be involved in specifying, building and enhancing our products. Your work will focus on the use of Semantic Technologies like RDF, SPARQL, OWL, SHACL and others.
As a member of our professional services team, you will work with our sales and project management organization and realize customer projects to make them a success. This will involve implementing our products and building Knowledge Graph solutions for our customers.
In either role, you will work closely with our product management, UI specialists, architects, sales team and customers.
In your work, you follow agile project principles (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe), understand customer needs and requirements quickly and can translate them into product features. You have a technical understanding of the technologies we use (RDF, SPARQL, OWL and HTML, CSS) and apply them to satisfy customer requirements.
You have excellent communication skills (in English) and feel confident in giving demos and presentations. You take responsibility for customer satisfaction and act as a technical advisor.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration (or related area)
- Phd is a plus
- Experience in requirements engineering with users on different levels (end users, IT professionals, executives)
- Knowledge of Semantic Web technologies and standards (RDF, SPARQL, OWL)
- Experience with (graph) database technologies is a plus
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is a plus
- Team player
- Proficiency in English
Why should you join us?
Do you want to be part of a team that strives to develop cutting-edge products and solutions for their customers and users? Then metaphacts is right for you!
These are just some of the perks and benefits that metaphacts offers its employees:
- Become part of a young, dynamic, and highly motivated international team with flat hierarchies and startup spirit. In our small, specialized team your contributions make a difference!
- As a valued team member, you can bring in your own ideas and make personal progress while actively advancing our products and offerings.
- Build up your personal network by helping us organize and participate in community events like meetups and conferences.
- Participate in our high-profile international research projects and contribute to our research publications
- Get training and certifications in key technologies relevant to your role.
- We offer flexible work times, competitive compensation, and hardware of your choice.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Send us your application with your CV, desired entry date and salary expectations at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via email or via phone at +49 6227 698 9965